Black Nugget Lake Park is a redeveloped site of a former coal mine, it features a beautiful long winding lake, perfect for non-powered boating, kayaking or canoeing. Stocked with both rainbow and tiger trout, fishing is an easy and enjoyable way for family and friends to connect. Play volleyball, basketball, or enjoy the playground with tether ball and horseshoe pits,. Hiking trails, bird watching - migratory waterfowl and wildlife abound.
If you’re a golfer, Coal Creek Golf Resort, an 18-hole champion golf course is right next door.
- Firepit (Campsites)
- Firewood (Charge)
- Flush Toilets
- Garbage Cans and Recycling Bins
- Group Camping
- Parking Lot
- Pet Friendly
- Picnic Shelter
- Picnic Tables
- Sani Station
- Tap Water
- Walk-in Sites
- Convenience Store
- Pull Through Sites
- 15 Amp Hookup
- 30 Amp Hookup
- Powered RV sites
- RV (60+ feet)
- Basketball or Tennis court
- Boat Launch
- Golf course
- Horseshoe Pits
- Kayaking and Canoeing
- Offroad Trails
- Outdoors games
To zoom, hover over chart and use the mouse scroll.
No information available at this time.
You must be logged in to write a review.Login
Nice local get away
Friendly helpful staff
Great Local Destination
Very well run
Black Nugget Lake Park
Our new favorite
Friendly caretakers, well maintained sites
Nice spot on the prairies
Our go to summer spot
Great when quiet
Appreciated the quiet and privacy
A Little Gem
Awesome little campground
Love ,love ,love this Campground!
Pleasant Little Surprise
Great place to camp!!
Absolutely Wonderful Campground
Great Campground Awesome for the Family
Really beautiful campground
A quiet hidden gem!
Big, quiet camp sites
Camper with motoehome
Great campground, needs some TLC
Love this Place
Great time with my nephews
Beautiful and Quiet
Campground Rules and Regulations
- Any foul and/or abusive language or threatening behavior towards our staff WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Violation of this WILL result in expulsion from the campground. No refund will be offered.
- Check in time will be 4:00PM, Check out time: 12:00PM. If you are late leaving without prior arrangement you will be charged for an additional night.
- If you do not show up by noon the next day or make prior arrangements regarding a late check in, we reserve the right to re-book your vacant campsite. With no refund offered.
- Quiet time 11:00PM – 7:00AM.
- Consumption of alcohol out in the open is prohibited. Liquor is prohibited on roads, in washrooms, cook shelters, picnic sites and other public areas. Public drunkenness and rowdiness will not be tolerated and will result in police action and immediate eviction.
- Smoking is prohibited in the washroom facility.
- Campsites are only guaranteed for camping nights that are paid for. Campground fees cannot be refunded once you have checked in for any reason.
- Liquid and solid waste must be disposed of in receptacles provided. Pouring waste water on open ground or in sump holes dug beneath trailers is prohibited. A sewer dump station is available for your use.
- No children under 18 years may camp in a trailer by themselves. Parents are responsible for their children and any damages they may cause.
- Unsightly sites will not be tolerated. Please keep your site clean and free of garbage. Garbage cans are available throughout the campground for your convenience, PLEASE DO NOT LITTER.
- Do not damage, cut, or remove trees or bushes from the campsites. Any damage done is an offence and you can be charged.
- Do not use fireworks, sparklers, fire crackers or caps at the campsite they are all prohibited.
- Obey restrictions on fires. Fires may be limited or prohibited at certain times.
- Build fires only in fire rings provided for that purpose. Firewood must be small enough to fit inside the fire ring. Do not put garbage in fire pits. Do not start fires with gasoline or camping fuel. Keep flammable materials away from campfires. Be sure your campfire is completely extinguished before leaving your site or going to sleep at night. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR KEEPING FIRES UNDER CONTROL.
Campers will be evicted and/or fined if any of these rules are violated. If the nature of the offense is criminal or violates any laws, police will be called and eviction will be immediate.
Campground Pet and Owner Rules
Due to the increasing number of pets in the campground, the following rules will apply:
1. Pets must be kept on a leash always even in your camp site.
a)There is a maximum of 2 dogs per unit.
2. You must clean up after your pet.
a) Please bag pet waste and put it in the garbage containers. Do not put un-bagged waste in the containers.
b) If campground staff must clean pet waste from your site after you check out, you will be charged a $10 fine.
3. Absolutely no pets are allowed in the concession or washrooms.
4. Dogs with aggressive behavior are not allowed in the park.
5. Barking dogs will not be tolerated.
a) When you leave your campsite, put your dog in the camper or in a kennel. Do not leave dogs unattended in a campsite. Children may cut through the site and encounter a dog trying to defend its territory. Dogs tend to bark or howl for their owners when they are left alone in a strange place. If your dog is howling or barking while you are gone, it is not pleasant for your neighbors. Make sure your dog is inside and comfortable, so everyone else can enjoy their stay too.
There are no refunds for inclement weather, late arrivals, or early departures.
Bookings cannot be amended within 5 days (120 hrs.) of arrival.
For any changes or cancellation to this reservation, you must go to login/My bookings and select Modify/Cancel Booking
“No Shows” will not be refunded under any circumstances. If you do not show up by noon the next day or make prior arrangements regarding a late check in, we reserve the right to re-book your vacant campsite.
If you wish to cancel your reservation and receive a refund, we require a notice of a minimum of 5 business days (with Noon being the starting time). All cancellations will be subject to a $5 service fee. There will be no exceptions, regardless of the circumstances, so please see the examples below.
Example 1: You have a reservation for a long weekend (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights). On Sunday, you have a family emergency and you know that you will not be able to go camping on the weekend. If you contact the OFFICE by telephone or email before Sunday at 4:00:00 pm, you will qualify for a refund. This allows 5 complete business days before the 4:00:00 pm check in time at the campground on Friday. If you call at any time after 4:00:00 p.m. on the Sunday, you will not receive any refund. No exceptions.
Example 2: You have a reservation that starts next Tuesday. On Thursday you decide that you have to cancel your reservation. If you contact the OFFICE by telephone or email before Thursday at 4:00:00 pm, you will qualify for a refund. This allows for 5 days notice (Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday) before the 4:00:00 pm check in on Tuesday. If you call at any time after 12:00 p.m. 4:00:00 pm, you will not receive any refund. No exceptions.
As of March 1, 2021
Camping Season is upon us and Black Nugget Lake Park is opening for bookings. We are monitoring our operations to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and this page is updated as adjustments are made. Please note as of March 1st 2021 Beaver County is open for reservation for the 2021 camping season, Beaver County is opening group camping on June 18, 2021. Showers and washroom facilities will be open starting July 1, 2021 from 8:00am - 10:00pm. Picnic shelters are open.
There is a maximum amount of 2 pets per unit permitted.
- Group camping is open.
- Playgrounds, basketball, volleyball and tether ball open
- Picnic shelters are open.
- Washrooms are open.
- Showers will remain closed.
- Boat launch is open.
- Day use area open
- Only 2 dogs per unit permitted
The health and safety of our residents, visitors, staff, and contractors is our top priority. These measures are in line with Provincial recommendations to practice physical distancing.
The complete rules and regulations for the campgrounds are still being developed by the Province and will be posted as soon as they are released, which will impact Beaver County campgrounds also.
Please read all posted signage.
Absolutely no refunds for inclement weather, late arrivals or early departures for any reason..
The management reserves the right to deny access or terminate the stay of those guests whose behavior is deemed unsuitable. No refunds will be offered.
Total silence must be respected between 11 p.m. until 7 a.m.
Bookings are nominative and non-transferable.
We require 120 hours cancellation in order to receive refund on entire reservation, otherwise you will be charged for the entire stay.
The price paid for this campsite is for one unit only. If additional units(a tent is considered a unit) are placed in the same campsite, an additional fee for each additional unit is due to the campground upon arrival.
Arrivals: From 4:00 p.m. until 10:00 p.m.
Departures: Before noon.