With thousands of feet of low bank waterfront, our south facing beaches have some of the warmest waters found on Harrison Lake. Our site is 90+ acres, and features trailer, tent, and group sites. Cogburn Creek is just a short walk up the beach. Real sand and lots of stones for skipping too! Our site is perfect for family time - no wifi and limited cell service will help you unplug, unwind, and concentrate on the things that matter most - memories with friends and family.
Harrison Lake is full of possibilities for families, adventurers and people with all types of interests. Boating, hiking, natural hot springs, golf, off road adventures, and the beach are just a few of the activities you can find around Harrison. The village of Harrison Hot Springs has many options for dining and activities and hosts many festivals every year. Harrison Mills boasts Sandpiper Golf Course and Sasquatch Mountain offers great skiing and mountain biking. Explore valleys full of lush forests, join an indigenous led tour to learn about first nations history and culture or cruise the lake via charter or rental. The possibilities are endless.
- Firepit (Campsites)
- Firewood (Charge)
- Garbage Cans and Recycling Bins
- Group Camping
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking Lot
- Pet Friendly
- Picnic Tables
- Tap Water
- Year Round Camping
- Big Rig Friendly
- RV (60+ feet)
- RV (<20 feet)
- RV (<30 feet)
- RV (<40 feet)
- RV (<50 feet)
- RV (<60 feet)
- Bird Watching Station
- Boat Launch
- Kayaking and Canoeing
To zoom, hover over chart and use the mouse scroll.
No information available at this time.
You must be logged in to write a review.Login
Welcome to Cogburn Family Wilderness Resort
FOR YOUR CONVENIENCE, ENJOYMENT, AND SAFETY, PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
1. ARRIVAL / DEPARTURE: Check-in is 3:00-9:30 PM; the gate is locked at 9:30pm until 8:00am for guest safety. Check-out is 11:00 AM. If you wish to stay an extra night, please check with the office before 10:00 AM for availability. Campers still occupying sites after the 11:00 AM check-out time will be charged for another night regardless of vacancy.
2. COVID-19 GUEST CODE OF CONDUCT: you must adhere to the attached Covid-19 Code of Conduct.
3. SPEED: The speed limit is 10km/hour throughout the resort. CHILDREN ARE PLAYING – GO SLOW!
4. FREE-RANGE CHILDREN: We encourage children’s play, and parents or guardians are liable and responsible for the acts and conduct of their children. Children under 12 MUST be accompanied and supervised by an adult at all times.
5. QUIET TIME: 10:30 PM – 8:00 AM. The gate will be locked during Quiet Time.
6. GENERATORS: Inverter Style only. Generators can be used between 9AM-11AM & 5PM-7PM.
7. PETS: They must be on a leash (6’ maximum) and attended by yourself at all times. Your pet must also respect Quiet Time. You must pick up after your pets (if we pick it up – it’ll cost you $100). Remember – pets can attract wild animals – do not leave them outside overnight.
8. VISITORS: Visitors are not permitted. Registered campers only.
9. FIRE PITS & PICNIC TABLES: Fire pits and picnic tables may not be moved or tampered with. You must ensure that your fire is out before you retire for the night and any time you are not present at your campsite. This means it must be COOL TO THE TOUCH. Persons found leaving unattended campfires will be banned from our campgrounds. If a fire ban is in effect, NO FIRES ARE PERMITTED. We request that you NOT bring your own firewood (some wood creates more sparks and increases fire risk) and collecting wood from the beach for a fire is prohibited. No burning of anything other than purchased onsite firewood in firepits. ABSOLUTELY NO FIRES OUTSIDE OF THE FIRE PITS PROVIDED – THIS INCLUDES ON THE BEACH.
10. NO FIREWORKS, FIREARMS, BOWS, CROSSBOWS, BB GUNS, AIR-SOFT GUNS, PELLET GUNS, SLING SHOTS NOR SETTING OF TRAPS AT ANY TIME.
11. WATER SAFETY: No lifeguards on duty. The lake is for use at your own risk.
12. WILD ANIMALS: Do not approach or feed any wild animals spotted on the property. Be cautious and mindful of your surroundings; this is a wilderness area and represents risk of animals including but not limited to bears and cougars.
13. BOATING ETIQUETTE: Please respect the beach area for the enjoyment of all. Please operate at ‘DEAD SLOW’ speeds until well out into the lake. Please respect our campground as well as the Forestry Recreation site at Cogburn Beach. Park boat trailers only in designated areas. Do not spill fuel on the property nor in the lake.
14. ATV/UTV ETIQUETTE: Please idle machines until you are past and off the property. This is a gravel site and can be easily damaged. Obey speed limits at all times. Please respect our campground as well as the Forestry Recreation site at Cogburn Beach. Unload and park trailers in designated areas only. Vehicles are required to be licensed, insured and operated only as per the manufacturer’s specifications.
15. GARBAGE / RETURNABLES: Please dispose of your refuse in the bin provided and separate your returnable bottles/cans and place in the bins provided. Campers are asked to make sure that their site is kept tidy and clear of garbage. Do not throw things like cigarette butts, pistachios or sunflowers seeds on the ground or in your firepits (this includes popped balloons, confetti or any other small bits of garbage that may be in your site).
16. GENERAL CONSIDERATIONS:
- Consumption of alcohol is permitted within your designated campsite only and prohibited in all day use and common areas; this includes the waterfront.
- Keep our campground natural. Please do not paint, color, harvest or disturb in any way rocks, trees or any campsite property.
17. SECURITY AND REFUNDS: The camp host has the authority to take any necessary action to ensure your safety, and of those around you. Anyone who is in breach of these regulations will be asked to leave the resort and NO REFUND will be given. Violations may also result in a charge under the authority of the Forest and Range Practices Act.
18. CAMPER ETIQETTE: Foul language and aggressive behavior towards other campers or camp staff will NOT be tolerated. Cogburn Wilderness Family Resort reserves the right to evict any persons who do not respect staff, other campers or the environment.
19. Please report any problems to the office and/or the camp host. Management reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
All campers are required to fill out a waiver that you may present at check-in, or you will need to sign as part of the check-in process.
Please note: Cogburn Family Wilderness Resort requires a $250 deposit upon booking which will be released back to you after your stay if you and your registered guests adhere to the rules and etiquette of the campground policies. The purpose of this deposit is to support the desired camping experience for our guests. Cogburn Family Wilderness Resort reserves the right to keep this deposit in full at its discretion relative to adherence to the campground rules, policies and required etiquette.
All campers are required to sign a waiver. Click here for the waiver. You may present the signed waiver at check-in, or sign it on site as part of the check-in process.
- No refund for cancellations 14 days or less from check in Date
- Reservation Fees are non refundable
- For cancellations more than 14 days from check-in, camping fees will be refunded in full minus the reservation fee ($5). Credit card processing fees will also not be refunded.
COVID-19 rules withstanding, see waiver for further information.
No Shows & Late Arrivals: Reservations are held until 11:00AM following the scheduled day of arrival. After this time all fees will be forfeited by the customer, as will the reservation. The site will be made available for other visitors.
For further clarity, within the 14 day window, refunds will NOT be made for:
- Wildlife: the presence or interactions with any kind of wildlife, even if the wildlife damages or destroy personal property.
- Errors while making a reservation: refunds will not be granted for errors made by customers on their reservation.
- Early Departure: vacating your campsite early will not result in a refund or partial refund.
- Weather and Ambient conditions: no refunds for weather or any ambient conditions such as smoke, flooding, heavy rain or drought
- Wild Fires: the affect or presence of a wildfire, including smoke, road closures or provincial restrictions
- Flooding or high water levels, including road closures due to flooding
- Eviction from your Campsite: if you have been evicted from the campsite for failure to follow the camp rules/guidelines, no refund will be issued.
- Illness: Refunds will not be granted for illness
- Vehicle Breakdown or Equipment Issues
- Change in your personal camping plans