Join us at Northern Lights for a great camping experience. Our serviced sites include power, water, firepits and picnic tables. Add us to your camping calendar this year and see what we have to offer today and what we are offering for campers in the upcoming future. We are a growing camping community and look forward to your stay at Northern Lights.
While in the County of Smoky Lake take advantage of the many opportunities in the area:
- Visit the expanded Métis Crossing and enjoy a meal in their new facility overlooking the North Saskatchewan River. Métis Crossing is now home to a herd of rare white bison. The revered animal, known as “bufloo” in Michif, which is the language of the Métis people, have not roamed the area since 1865. White bison have long been honoured by First Nations and Métis peoples, and they return to these traditional lands alongside woods bison, plains bison, elk, white elk and Percheron horses. Their return marks the establishment of the new Visions, Hopes, and Dreams Métis Crossing Wildlife Park.
- Take a drive to see the Victoria Settlement Provincial Historic Site and learn about its history. Catch a glimpse of a fascinating period of Alberta's past and choose your own family-friendly experience. Costumed interpreters bring the history of Victoria Settlement to life with engaging activities and diverse tours through 2 restored buildings nestled in scenic park land. https://victoriasettlement.ca/
- Picnic at Garner Lake Provincial Park and enjoy the beach and fishing there. A few minutes further enjoy the large open Whitefish Lake for fishing and all water sports as well.
- Enjoy the other smaller lakes such as Hanmore Lake, Mons Lake, Bonnie Lake, Bellis Lake in the area for a day of picnicing, bird watching, hiking or relaxing along the shoreline.
- Utilize the Iron Horse Trail, 300 km of old railway line to travel on using ATV's, snowmobiles, or horses. A staging area is easily accessible in the town of Vilna. https://ironhorsetrail.ca
- As you drive throughout the county relish in the history that can be seen from the roadside. Old buildings, beautiful churches and abundant wildlife.
- Go back in time and see the Smoky Lake Museum. Experience the life of the pioneers http://www.smokylakemuseum.com/
- Many towns in the area offer farmers markets and festivals throughout the summer season. Become a part of the local crowd enjoying fresh produce and activities offered throughout the county.
- Firepit (Campsites)
- Firewood (Charge)
- Garbage Cans and Recycling Bins
- General Tent Area
- Group Camping
- Pet Friendly
- Picnic Tables
- Powered Sites
- Sani Station
- Seasonal Sites
- Tap Water
- RV (60+ feet)
- RV (<20 feet)
- RV (<30 feet)
- RV (<40 feet)
- RV (<50 feet)
- RV (<60 feet)
- Boat Launch
- Designated Swimming Area
- Driving Range
- Golf course
- Kayaking and Canoeing
- Local Market
- Offroad Trails
- Outdoors games
To zoom, hover over chart and use the mouse scroll.
No information available at this time.
You must be logged in to write a review.Login
Courtesy camping rules apply.
11:00p.m.- 8:00a.m. is quiet time. Please be respectful of visiting around campfires keeping noise to a minimum during this time to ensure fellow campers are not disturbed.
The speed limit on the grounds is 10 km/hr and will be strictly enforced.
Bag all garbage and place it in dumpsters provided. Please recycle your bottles and ensure all cigarette butts are properly disposed of.
Pets are welcome at the campground. All dogs must be kept on a leash and their barking under control. Pets are not to be left unattended outside at a camp site. Cleanup and proper disposal of waste is required. Pets are your responsibility. No aggressive pets allowed.
Open fires are permitted in designated fire pits only. No unattended fires. No garbage is to be left in fire pits. Firewood can be purchased.
Other posted rules need to be followed.
You will receive full refund if you cancel a week (7 days) before your booking date.
The parties agree that in no event shall the Resort or its directors, employees, representatives, or volunteers (“Released Parties”) assume responsibility or be subject to any liability for damage or loss through fire, theft, destruction, collision, or otherwise to vehicles, units, trailers, or their contents, regardless of the cause.
In consideration of being permitted by the Resort to access and use the Resort and facilities, now and in the future, the camper/s hereby agrees to release, waive, indemnify, and discharge the Released Parties on behalf of themselves, their family and any other party purporting to have a subrogated interest under or through the Camper/s including but not limited to their insurers, as follows:
- I acknowledge that the Resort entails known and unknown risks that could result in physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property or to third parties. I certify that I have adequate insurance to cover any injury or damage that I may cause or suffer while present at the Resort, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself and I am willing to assume the risk of any medical or physical condition that I may have, pre-existing or otherwise.
- I consent to the collection and disclosure of my personal information for the use of the Resort as required from time to time to administer and enforce this Agreement, communicate with me, collect amounts owing, for administrative or legal services, or to conduct a background search for financial and criminal history.
- I agree personally and/or as the Parent/Legal Guardian of a minor Family member, to grant the Resort and all Released Parties permission to photograph and/or record me or my children in connection with the Resort to use the photograph and/or recording for all purposes, including advertising and promotional purposes. All photographs and/or recordings are the exclusive property of the Resort.
- I agree that this Waiver, Release of Liability, Indemnity and Assumption of Risk is made on behalf of myself and my Family and that all of the releases, waivers and promises herein are binding on myself and Family including any minor Family members. I represent that I have full authority to bind Family including any minor Family members to this release as Parent or Legal Guardian of the minor. I further agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless the Resort from any and all claims or suits for personal injury, property damage or otherwise which are brought by, or on behalf of a minor Family member, and which are in any way connected with such access or use by the minor, including injuries or damages caused by the negligence of Released Parties.
- Camper/s must maintain insurance coverage on all personal property agree to inform all parties of the campground rules and to take responsibility for compliance with the rules personally and by Family.
- I confirm that I have had sufficient time to read and understand this Release. I on my own behalf agree freely and voluntarily without any compulsion on the part of the Resort or any Released Parties.