Picnic Lake Municipal Park, is a municipal park owned and operated by the R.M. of Turtle River No. 469. The lake is located 5 miles east of the Village of Edam. If you are looking to get away and enjoy the outdoors, this is the place to be! The lake is about a mile around, you can see all the shorelines from the main beach. The lake offers the chance for anglers to try their hand at catching perch, as well as brown, tiger, and rainbow trout. There is a boat launch and fish filleting area located on the way into the campground. There is a walking trail within the Park approximately 5.5km of trail. Every Canada Day weekend there are fireworks and entertainment to be enjoyed by everyone.
The Village is home to the Washbrook Museum, Fiona Smith - Canadian Womens Hockey Team. There is the Edam Scoop Ice Cream shop and Sugar Joe's Coffee House. The Turtle River runs throughout the RM and offers the opportunity to canoe or kayak and enjoy the scenery and wildlife. Pine Island is located 14 miles west of Picnic Lake, on the North Saskatchewan River.
Petro-Can bulk fuel station - open Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm.
- Firepit (Campsites)
- Firepit (Common)
- Firewood (Charge)
- Flush Toilets
- Garbage Cans and Recycling Bins
- Handicap Accessible
- Parking Lot
- Pet Friendly
- Picnic Shelter
- Picnic Tables
- Powered Sites
- Sani Station
- Tap Water
- 15 Amp Hookup
- 30 Amp Hookup
- Big Rig Friendly
- RV (60+ feet)
- RV (<20 feet)
- RV (<30 feet)
- RV (<40 feet)
- RV (<50 feet)
- RV (<60 feet)
- Beach Volleyball
- Boat Launch
- Horseshoe Pits
- Kayaking and Canoeing
- Offroad Trails
To zoom, hover over chart and use the mouse scroll.
No information available at this time.
You must be logged in to write a review.Login
Firewood is available For $5.00/load 15-20 pieces. Any campers MUST order firewood by noon from the employee on shift in order to receive it by the end of the day. Any orders requested after that time will be delivered the next day.
• Parents are responsible for their children at all times
• Swimming only within the marked area
• No boats, canoes or motorized toys permitted in the swim area
• No littering allowed
• No pets allowed in the swimming area on the beach or in the day-use area
• Alcohol and tobacco/marijuana is not permitted on the beach as it is a public place
• Reservations are required for all sites.
• Payment in full is required prior to sign in, payment can be made by, E-transfer or Credit Card .
• Quiet time is between 11:00pm and 7:00am
• Use of generators is allowed.
• Only fire pits that are provided by the Picnic Lake Municipal Park are allowed unless permission is given by Park Manager. No fires shall be allowed during a Fire Ban. Signs will be posted if there is a Fire Ban within the RM.
• NO washing of campers or personal vehicles allowed at any time at Picnic Lake Municipal Park, anyone caught doing so will be asked to leave.
• Fireworks are permitted unless there is a fire ban in place and with the permission of the Park Manager, and to only be set off on the beach and outwards to the water.
• Do not leave any waste/rubbish out overnight as this will attract unwanted wildlife
• All grey water to be disposed of in the dump site on the way out of the campground
• Quads and or any unlicensed vehicles are not permitted within the grounds
• Pets are welcome at Picnic Lake but owners are responsible for the care and cleanup of their animals, as well as control of their behaviour at all times (i.e. Barking, chasing vehicles, people etc.)
• All pets must be kept on a leash at all times
• Ensure that pets do not destroy or damage any park property, you will be held liable for any repairs or replacements
• Pets are NOT allowed on public beaches or buildings
• Pets should NOT be left unattended in your camper or vehicle.
Sites can be modified up to within 24 hours of check-in. There is no refund for any cancellations.