Spring Lake Campground provides an excellent nature camping experience with 66 back-in camping stalls. The forest setting provides good privacy within the sites. Located in a approximately 30 minutes Northwest of Hythe, Alberta. The park contains hiking trails of various lengths and is a short walk to Spring Lake. The lake is stocked with Rainbow and Brook Trout and the deep pools and clean clear water result in some large fish being caught. The day use area has an older semi-enclosed Gazebo with a wood cookstove that is suitable for family gatherings and events. Saddle Hills County was assigned the Crown Lease for Spring Lake Park in 2019, and have resumed the operation of the campground in September of that year. We have invested in the replacement of most of the old outhouses with mens/womens vault toilets, new picnic tables and some new firepits. We've added a new wood storage shed, a new playground structure in the A-loop, concrete pads in the boat launch, and a well water retention tank. Saddle Hills County remains committed to make improvements to the campground. For 2023, we are excited to announce that we've begun the process of electrification of the campground. Other improvements for this year are additional vault toilets in B-loop, and further development of the walking paths.
- Firepit (Campsites)
- Firewood (Free)
- General Tent Area
- Group Camping
- Pet Friendly
- Picnic Shelter
- Picnic Tables
- Seasonal Sites
- Water Pump
- Convenience Store
- Boat Launch
- Cycling trails
- Designated Swimming Area
- Kayaking and Canoeing
To zoom, hover over chart and use the mouse scroll.
No information available at this time.
You must be logged in to write a review.Login
Spring Lake Campground
1. Check In 2 PM : Check Out 12 PM
2. Quite time 11 PM -8 AM (no music or generators between these times).
3. The manager reserves the right to deny access or terminate the stay of any guest deemed unsuitable. NO REFUNDS WILL BE OFFERED.
4. There are NO services in our campsites.
5. Office hours 9AM-10AM & 5PM-7PM. Otherwise caretaker will be out and about in the campground.
6. The road throughout the campsite is a ONE WAY road . Please observe the speed limit of 15km/hr at all times.
7. We are a "PET" friendly campground, but you must limit the number of pets in a site to a maximum of two. Your pets MUST be leashed at ALL times including in the day use and dock areas. Pets MUST NOT be left unattended in your campsite. Please remember to pick up after your pet (s). A $20 fee may be issued if caretaker has to clean feces from your site.
8. NO boats, Kayaks or canoes allowed on beach. Please use dock. Floatation devices are permitted on the beach. No fishing in the beach area. Please use the dock. No fires or pets allowed in the beach area. This area is for swimming and sunbathing only. Barbecues permitted in the grassy area only and must be raised off the ground and attended by an adult at all times. There is also a wood stove in the Chalet for fires and cooking. Please kindly clean up behind yourselves.
9. Fires are permitted ONLY in the campsite fire rings. Firewood is free to our guests until 9PM daily and must not be removed from the campground. Please take only what you need. Please remember to put your fires out prior to leaving your site or checking out.
10. Barbecues are permitted in the campground, day use and dock areas (no BBQ's allowed on the dock or on the beach) but must always be raised off the ground and attended by an adult. The chalet in the day use area has a wood stove for fires and cooking. Please remember to be bear smart and put ALL food away prior to leaving your site. Bears can smell food from up to 5 miles away.
11. Our campground does not have additional parking for tow vehicle or visitor vehicles. These vehicles may be parked in our day use parking lot.
12. Visitors to the campground must leave by 11 PM.
13. NO ATV's allowed in the campground. ATV's must be driven out on trailer/truck and unloaded outside of the campground area.
14. Discharging of firearms is strictly prohibited in the park.
- Changes or cancellation to this reservation, you must login to your Travelers profile - https://campreservations.ca/profile to request changes to your bookings, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We require 48 hours notice prior to the reservation date(s) in order for you to receive a refund, less the initial $5 transaction fee.
- There are no refunds for inclement weather, late arrivals, or early departures.
- Bookings cannot be amended within 24 hours of arrival.
- “No Shows” will not be refunded under any circumstances.
Spring Lake Campground
Inquiries regarding the availability of seasonal sites can be made by phoning (780) 864-3760 or by emailing us at: email@example.com .
Applications can be submitted online at: https://forms.saddlehills.ab.ca/Protective-Services-and-Recreation/Seasonal-Camping-Agreement-Spring-Lake
Make A Booking
Arrive On (Check-in @ 14:00:10):
Depart On (Check-out @ 12:00:10):